Saturday 5 September 2015

I can't disclose my relationship status because of potential side chicks- M.I


MI has opened up on his relationship status
and why he keeps it a secret. He told Punch
Anybody that asks me about my
relationship status knows that I would
never answer because I feel it should
be private. Let’s say I have a
girlfriend and I say that I am getting
married, the ripple effect would be
crazy. For me to make that statement,
I may have to inform potential side
chicks that I am about to make a press
statement and they should not be
offended.
I may have to call their parents to tell
them that I am making such a
statement. The implications are far
reaching and because of that I feel, if
you want to have a real life, you have
to protect your privacy no matter how
much the media snoops around. That
being said, when I am ready, everyone
would know. When you declare that
you are getting married, it might
offend someone somewhere.”
On what inspired his song One naira, he said
“When I was writing the song, ‘One
Naira,’ there was a girl I was dating at the time. She is dead now. At that
time, I remember that we used to ride on motorcycle to meet each other. It
was normal then. She could not come to my house neither could I go to hers, so we would meet at an eatery.
When we get to the eatery, we
couldn’t just sit without buying
anything so we could buy one meat
pie and share. As an artiste, such
moments remain in my heart and I
can write about it. But now what can I do? Any girl that I meet now would
drive to my house. I live alone in my
house. Things change and one has to be very careful so as to allow
inspiration flow to you even when
success comes. When the lady died of leukaemia, I felt very terrible. We
were great friends even though we
broke up before her death. We dated
for about a year and half,” he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment